Important Fall Semester Dates and Deadlines
Cal State Fullerton’s Fall 2020 semester runs from August 22 - December 19. The schedule of classes is viewable on or after March 16, and registration begins on August 22.
Below you’ll find the important dates and deadlines you’ll need to know before you register. For instructions on registering, visit our Register page. If you have any questions, you can send us a message from our Contact page.
AUG 22 - SEPT 8
- First day of class is Saturday, August 24. Most classes begin August 26 - 30.
Last Day to:
- Register without a late add petition.
- Dop without a grad of "W"
- Change grade option.
- Switch a class for a $35.00 fee
SEPT 9 - 21
Late Registration Period
- In-person in CP-100
- Late Add Petition
Last Day to Receive a 65% Refund
- When withdrawing (“W”) from classes.
SEPT 22 - NOV 12
Late Withdrawal Period (“W” Drop)
- Submit a Request for Withdrawal Form.
Last Day to:
- Receive a pro-rated refund of the consolidated fee and Titan Card fee for complete withdrawal from classes.
Open University 101
- Academically disqualified (DQ) students from CSUF may enroll in a maximum of six (6) units during Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- A maximum of 24 credits earned through Open University may count toward the cumulative units required for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF.
- Courses taken through Open University enrollment do not meet the residence requirements for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF (30 units for the degree; 24 units in upper division courses). For graduate degrees, normally 6 to 9 units of approved credits taken through Open University may apply, but for degrees which require more than 30 units, more units of credit may apply. Please consult the department graduate advisor of your program.
- To view course descriptions and prerequisite information, visit Cal State Fullerton’s University Catalog .
- For other important dates, including scheduled campus closures, visit the CSUF Academic Calendar .